What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map-Object - Channels of a Sensor - with only specific channels

Votes:

Hi,

I am not sure if this topic is already answered somewhere else, but is there a way to only show specific channels of a sensor in a table?

I know that you can create custom map-objects like graphs and with hide="Channel ID, Channel ID,..." to only show specific Channels of a Sensor.

As Example I copied the Mapobject <!--Data Tables: Channels of a Sensor--> and tried to hide some of the channels, but couldn’t figure it out.

I don't want to generally hide the channel vie the "Table Rendering" settings of the Channel. I only want to show the most important channels of some sensor (one table per sensor) in one map.

Many thanks in advance.

channels customize map-objects maps

Created on Oct 5, 2017 10:26:01 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the "hide" parameter is not available for data tables. You can test this with the following call:

/api/table.json?content=channels&id=SENSORID&columns=objid,name,lastvalue,value&hide=CHANNELS

Best regards.

Created on Oct 6, 2017 10:57:52 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz,

i thought so, but is there any other way to only show specific channels of a sensor in a table?

Many thanks in advance

Created on Oct 17, 2017 3:34:11 PM

Votes:

Dear Jacqueline,

that is not possible with an API call or map object. A graph offers the feature to hide channels, which can be used interactively as well. But a table does not have this feature anywhere in PRTG and is therefore also not offered via the API or map object. The only way here would be to setup a factory sensor, mirroring the needed channels and then use this sensor in the PRTG map.

Created on Oct 17, 2017 6:20:13 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.