What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Mobile App & Push Notifications

Votes:

Hi,

For some reason I seem to be getting a large number of Push notifications for the same sensors as they change state. When I look into the Notification contacts section in the setup, I see that the Windows App is creating a large number of entries for itself which in turn means I get a large number of alerts of my phone when something goes down. Why is the app creating many notification contact objects for itself, when a valid one already exists for it? can this be stopped somehow as it gets quite annoying to get 5-10 notifications about the same event. This doesn't seem to occur for the users who are using iOS/Android etc.

notifications push windows-phone

Created on Oct 5, 2017 9:24:09 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear AlexM1,

I am sorry, but the Windows Phone app is no longer maintained (see https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/prtg/9wzdncrdrdfx). In rare cases, we have seen issues with push notifications on Windows Phone. I am sorry für the inconvenience, but we are not going to release further bugfix releases for the Windows Phone app.

I recommend you change the notification method to SMS text message, or email, for your Windows Phone device. Switching to a mobile device with iOS or Android OS is another option, of course.

Created on Oct 9, 2017 6:52:19 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

That is extremely disappointing! Yet another product that is ditching the windows brand.... how much longer are you supporting the Enterprise Console on windows for?

Created on Oct 9, 2017 8:17:03 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

We will discontinue the Enterprise Console soon as we are about to develop a refreshed and brand-new Deskop-Client for PRTG. This will work better, faster and more stable. More information will surely come, but not at the moment.

About the Windows Phone. Unfortunately, this is not fully our decision, but Microsoft itself announced that the Windows Phone Brand is "dead":
https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/09/this-is-not-a-drill-microsoft-admits-windows-phone-is-dead-for-real/

Best regards.

Created on Oct 16, 2017 10:29:22 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.