What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Failover node monitoring setting is not updated in PRTG cluster

Votes:

It consists of one primary master node and one failover node. I changed the monitoring settings at the master node, but the monitoring settings of the failover node are not changed. Clusters are recognition that is automatically updated in real time.

Since the failover node was read-only, should I switch to the master node and change the setting individually?

Please let me know why monitoring setting of the master node is synchronized to the failover node and how to handle it.

clusters failover-cluster prtg

Created on Oct 6, 2017 3:37:06 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello tomoo,

Thank you very much for your contact.

During normal operation the Primary Master is used to configure devices and sensors (using the web interface or Enterprise Console). The master automatically distributes the configuration to all other nodes in real time.

Source (PRTG Manual: Clustering)

Depending on the current workload of your primary node it can take a couple of minutes until the changes are fully provided with the failover node. If you carefully stick to PRTG's software requirements for each the master and failover node, the synchronization will happen automatically.

If you still encounter the issues after some time, please contact us directly via email to [email protected], because we'll need a couple of log files to fully analyze the issue described.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 9, 2017 11:50:49 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sebastian,

thank you for your answer. I understand that it will be reflected automatically.

When changing the existing device settings (change IP address etc.), it was confirmed that it was synchronized without any problem but delete existing device (network device), add new sensor to existing device (Traffic monitoring), it did not synchronize on the failover node side.

In this case as well, is it appropriate for recognizing specifications to be synchronized automatically?

Created on Oct 12, 2017 7:19:49 AM

Votes:

Hello tomoo,

I just contacted you directly via email.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 12, 2017 1:25:39 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.