What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alert for snmp sensor with text values

Votes:

Hi, all! I want to monitor my APC ups. I use custom snmp lib, and there is OID, which can return one of the balues from 1 to 4. For this values ther are lookups (unknown(1),batteryNormal(2),batteryLow(3),batteryInFaultCondition(4)). How can i configure this sensor, to get allert, when value is not equal to "batteryNormal(2)', and warning when 'unknown(1)'?

apc sensor snmp

Created on Oct 7, 2017 9:40:12 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

To get alerts from this, simply create and adjust the lookup with the desired states:

However, we have a ready-to-use device template available for APC here:

The template already includes ready to use lookups.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 9, 2017 1:18:22 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi! Thanks, for youre answer! I already know about your built-in templates, but this sensors does not sutisfy me. For example, there is not ppresent some important data, as UPS status (on-line, on battery, onBypass), Humidity and temperature of External Sensors, Batteery Status etc. Anywhere, I'd find out already how to do, what I need via custom lookups. Thanks

Created on Oct 9, 2017 3:50:22 PM

Votes:

Hi there,
thank you for your reply.

Everything that you've mentioned is actually supported by the template that I've referenced. Please refer to the "The sensors will monitor the following properties" section of the post.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 10, 2017 5:38:58 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.