What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Network Monitor Alert popup time is displayed as AM PM

Votes:

Network Monitor Alert time is displayed as MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss AM PM even after the system has been set to 24 hr time mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss (24hr). I used the system before learning how to adjust the time format, but I cannot get the alert popup to change over to 24hr format. This is necessary to get the alerts to sort correctly. This is a problem when an alert pops up and you have to go looking around the list to find the correct alert.

alert prtg timestamp

Created on Aug 6, 2010 7:09:14 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Which particular pop-up are we talking about, please? Are you refering to pop-ups under the web-based or the Windows GUI?

Created on Aug 11, 2010 9:22:41 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

It is just a popup that appears in the middle of my screen when there is an alert, such as a lost or long ping response. If I had to guess I would say that it is a Windows GUI since there is an OK button and a Open GUI button at the bottom right of the popup. The following processes are running on my machine: PRTG Probe.exe, PRTG Server.exe and PRTG Windows GUI.exe. Other than the Open GUI button, I cannot determine the origin of the popup since some process could be calling could call Internet Exploder to display it, which I think would make it qualify as a web-based call. Details of the popup appear in the next paragraph.

The top line of the popup displays "PRTG Network Monitor", below that line is the company logo and the text "PRTG Network Monitor" is repeated in larger type which is then followed with mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM or PM. The date suppresses leading zeros but the time does not. Below the above are column headings "Date Time", Parent, Object, Status, Message. Everywhere else, the time is in 24 hour format which lets it sort correctly.

Thanks, Bob

Created on Aug 11, 2010 9:18:29 PM

Votes:

This should be fixed for the release of version 8.

Created on Aug 16, 2010 11:28:15 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.