What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow: Custom Channel

Votes:

Hi,

I have created a new, user-defined Netflow sensor in the PRTG. In the sensor I have defined the following Channels:

#3001:Various
(Protocol[UDP]) OR (Protocol[TCP])

#1001:VIS
Protocol[TCP] and (SourcePort[4443] or DestinationPort[4443])

#1002:Port
Port[4443]

Unfortunately, no Chanel "TEST", or "TEST1" is generated. In the top connections, however, I see some connections with the target port 4443. What am I doing wrong?

channel-configuration custom-sensor netflow

Created on Oct 10, 2017 10:12:18 AM

Last change on Oct 10, 2017 12:41:01 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Marco,
we appreciate your contact.

Please refer to:

The rules are processed top to bottom (the number does not matter) and the data is accounted to the first match.

The "problem" of your definition is that you're starting with a very generic rule (All TCP and All UDP), this way all data falls into the first channel. You should start with more specific filters and at the end more generic rules. For example:

#1001:VIS
Protocol[TCP] and Port[4443]

#1002:Port
Protocol[UDP] and Port[4443]

#3001:Various
(Protocol[UDP]) OR (Protocol[TCP])

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 10, 2017 12:45:06 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 10:27:30 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.