What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map objects; example HTML-file of non-static map object

Votes:

I want to create and use my own non-static map object (with status display and the use of my own image) -> From the right side of the Map Designer Window (properties).

My idea was to find the HTML-file of one of the standard non-static map objects and edit it; because the standard non-static map objects do appear how I want it for my own map object as well.

But until now I am only able to find the HTML-files of specific Status icons who's appearance is not like a standard map object.

(I CAN find the HTML-files for Status Icons, for example "\mapobjects\An Icon A1.htm". Also I found some examples in the knowledge base but none of them suited my purpose)

Question:

Where can I find the HTML-file(s) for one of the standard non-static map objects, for example the first icon in "Icons A" folder in the Properties section of the Map Designer Window. Or can you send me some examples?

custom-html images maps-editor status-icons

Created on Oct 12, 2017 11:55:21 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Jos,

Well, the status icons are all rendered internally. What specific state object are we talking about?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 13, 2017 12:42:24 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 13, 2017 12:43:08 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.