What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Several installations Geo Map showing "?"

Votes:

OK I restarted one of my installations and now it shows question marks where the geo map was I then checked another installation and once I change from the cached image I also see them

These 2 installations are in totally different environments and do not converge anywhere except where they get the maps from.

Last time this happened the Geo Map supplier had changed access and PRTG had to roll out an update, has it happened again?

Thankyou for your replies

geo-maps geomaps maps

Created on Oct 12, 2017 9:26:24 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Go the same here. Reboots, cache clearing, map provider changed, no difference.

Heres hoping it's a quick fix.

Created on Oct 15, 2017 10:43:38 PM

Votes:

Hello Graham, hello Phillip,

Thank you very much for your KB-postings.

We'are aware of the broken Geo Map feature and are already looking for a quick solution. We plan to provide a hotfix for this and will announce the new version via our release notes page: https://www.paessler.com/prtg/history/stable

Additionally, if your PRTG server is connected to the internet, administrators will receive an update notification.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Oct 16, 2017 4:31:06 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Do you have any updates on this, I am currently using Google API but it adds a useless Legend onto the map.

Are you able to change the way that PRTG interacts with Map providers to allow better management of this?

Created on Oct 27, 2017 3:03:50 AM

Votes:

Hello Graham,

We are still evaluating other alternatives that can be integrated in PRTG. This has a high priority here, but unfortunately I am unable to offer some kind of ETA yet.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 27, 2017 3:42:42 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.