What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

2FA implementation

Votes:

Is there any ETA you can give regarding implementation of 2FA? 2FA is a must have in todays IT Infrastructure and Security. I'm pretty sure that MOST of the users would love to see any solution here. Especialy for usage with the mobile App. For Administrators its a blessing to have the possibility to pause or ack... a sensor on the go.

Something to start with >>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6238

;-)

Have a nice weekend.

2-factor-authentication 2fa authentication authenticator external-access feature-request mobile-app token

Created on Oct 20, 2017 2:11:53 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Eduard,

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid that there is no fix time defined to integrate 2FA yet. I'll forward your feedback to our Product Owner of PRTG, though.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Oct 22, 2017 11:22:01 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any updates on this ? I would think that Paessler would be seriously looking at 2FA by this point. Phil

Created on Dec 13, 2018 4:26:58 AM

Votes:

Hello Phil,

Please feel free to upvote this feature via this Thread. We're internally investigating which solution might suite our customers the most.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 13, 2018 2:09:54 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 16, 2019 6:51:06 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am not able to access the link with my login. i would like to know if this has had any forward movement. Is the link still available? It would think this would not be an issue to integrate with the Google auth app. thank you for any update you can provide.

Created on Oct 15, 2019 1:59:45 PM

Votes:

I updated the link above to the correct thread.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 16, 2019 6:50:45 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.