What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Not showing correct bandwidth at gigabit speeds

Votes:

I am using PRTG Traffic Grapher V6.1.1.855 In this version im able to see port bandwidth up to 1000 mb (1gb) after reaching 1gb traffic in port it's showing wrongly like 400Mb, 500Mb

Screenshot

i have tried to change settings but i haven't find any resolution

incorrect prtg6 snmp traffic

Created on Oct 24, 2017 8:08:08 AM

Last change on Oct 24, 2017 9:10:25 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,
we appreciate your contact.

Please note that PRTG 6 is very old and was replaced by "PRTG Network Monitor" many years ago, which is being developed until today:

However, the reported issue is not PRTG's fault. The problem is very likely that you're using 32-bit counters for SNMP Traffic. That will happen when using SNMP V1 (instead of V2c or V3) or when the device doesn't support 64-bit counters.

Please refer to this KB-Post which concerns exactly the same behavior:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 24, 2017 9:06:41 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

In new version its trail

Created on Oct 24, 2017 9:39:21 AM

Last change on Oct 24, 2017 9:39:21 AM

Votes:

Hello danunjayab,
thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure I understand your reply. What exactly do you mean by "In new version its trail"?
Where you able to resolve the issue by switching to SNMP v2c or V3 and re-deploying the traffic sensors?

With Kind Regards,

Created on Oct 24, 2017 11:12:51 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I have changed to SNMP V2 but no resolution

Created on Oct 24, 2017 12:16:15 PM

Votes:

Thank you for your reply.

Switching to SNMP V2c alone isn't enough, the sensors need to be re-created. If you still end up with issues after that, this most likely indicates that your device does not support 64-bit counters. Windows for instance only supports 32-bit counters.

Best Regards,

Created on Oct 25, 2017 6:06:55 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thank you for your support

It's working with SNMP v2 after re adding counters

Created on Oct 25, 2017 7:46:59 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.