What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to monitor mail queue in Zimbra using PRTG

Votes:

HI, I want to monitor zimbra email queue and create an alert in case its more than 250

email prtg zimbra

Created on Oct 25, 2017 10:02:11 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello, I wrote the next scripts to monitor the whole Zimbra Collaboration environment, including queues, with SNMP/PRTG, here you will find all the information > https://github.com/jorgedlcruz/zimbra-net_snmp-extension

Created on Oct 25, 2017 8:30:27 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello abhaycshukla,

Thank you for your contact.

We do not have "native" sensors for Zimbra, but you can create a custom exe / script or SSH sensor instead. I found this example in the knowledge base that might be applicable.

If the server has an HTTP interface, you can use a script to regularly update an XML file accessible via HTTP and PRTG can monitor that file for you. The file must be compatible with the format required by PRTG.
Further details on integration with custom sensors can be found in our PRTG Demo here or in the PRTG web interface under "Setup | PRTG API".

For any other questions or difficulties, we are happy to help.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 25, 2017 7:24:02 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello, I wrote the next scripts to monitor the whole Zimbra Collaboration environment, including queues, with SNMP/PRTG, here you will find all the information > https://github.com/jorgedlcruz/zimbra-net_snmp-extension

Created on Oct 25, 2017 8:30:27 PM

Votes:

Hello Jorge,

Wow, thank you very much for your valuable contribution and great instruction on how to monitor Zimbra metrics using PRTG.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 25, 2017 9:17:02 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.