What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor the traffic of port 22 and 23 of my switch.

Votes:

hi I added a device (switch) in the prtg solution that I have but it shows me that gigabitethernet ports and the vlan now I want to know how I can monitor the specific ports traffic like ports 22 and 23 of my switch.

NB: i use the trafic SNMP sensor in the device added.

prtg snmp trafic

Created on Oct 26, 2017 8:50:05 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello there, we appreciate your contact.

When working with the SNMP Traffic Sensor you need one sensor per interface that you want to monitor. If you wanted to monitor all 24 physical interfaces on a switch you would need 24 sensors.

To add a new sensor for an interface you're not yet monitoring, please to the following:

1. Locate the device in PRTG and click on it.
  2. Now locate the "Add Sensor" button.
  3. In the page that opens search for SNMP Traffic
  4. Click on the tile SNMP Traffic Sensor
  5. PRTG will display a list of ALL available interfaces. Select one or more interfaces that you would like to monitor.
  6. Press continue to deploy the sensors.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 26, 2017 11:42:09 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Oct 26, 2017 11:42:17 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

ah ok I want to monitor precisely the port 23 of the switch how can choose this port on prtg to monitor him

Created on Oct 26, 2017 12:30:11 PM

Votes:

On step 5 from my previous reply, simply locate port 23 in the list of interfaces, select only that interface and continue. Only a sensor for that interface will be deployed.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 27, 2017 8:04:56 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

thank you very much

Created on Oct 27, 2017 8:38:46 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.