What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Trying to add Brocade Fiber Channel switch to PRTG monitor, unable to find any SNMP libraries for th

Votes:

It would be great if we can add Brocade Fiber channel switch to PRTG monitor. To collect SNMP data..

brocade-fiber-channel-swicth snmp snmp-library

Created on Oct 31, 2017 10:22:51 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

You could use the SNMP Traffic Sensor to monitor the traffic going through the switch. Did you try that already? Note that you need to configure SNMP correctly in order for the sensors to work properly.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 1, 2017 9:51:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Our device version is 7.3.1d, I found a MIB file for it on brocade site I will try to add that library and try fetching the snmp data. What config do i need to do on the switch ?

Thanks

Created on Nov 1, 2017 3:32:27 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick revert. You only need to configure basic SNMP access on the brocade appliance. The documentation of the same should disclose how to do it correctly, in case it's somewhat hidden :)

Let me know if assistance is required regarding the SNMP Library sensor. Note that there might be no utilizable OIDs within those MIBs (i.e. only SNMP Trap OIDs). In this case, you won't be able to generate any sensors out of it. But it's still actually usable within PRTG using the SNMP Trap Receiver sensor. Simply copy all MIB files to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\MIB.

Received Traps will then be translated accordingly.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 2, 2017 7:10:10 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi@all,

One of our Brocade FC Switch had produced nearly 2 million errors. We would like to have a sensor in PRTG that queries the errors for each Fiber Channel port.

Has anyone ever created a "FC Switch Port Sensor" and can provide tips (and MIPs) about this?

Created on Oct 23, 2019 2:04:49 PM

Last change on Oct 23, 2019 2:04:49 PM

Votes:

The MIB files are likely to be accessible via Brocade. That should be the one you're looking for:

https://www.simpleweb.org/ietf/mibs/mibSynHiLite.php?category=IETF&module=FIBRE-CHANNEL-FE-MIB

Created on Oct 24, 2019 7:00:26 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

@michel power, we're having the same issue right now. Did you ever figure out a way to monitor for errors?

Thanks! Mike

Created on Mar 30, 2021 1:10:20 PM

Votes:

Hello Mike,

Have you tried to import the MIB file provided by my colleague with the MIB Importer tool. If not, please give it a try.

When the MIB file is imported in PRTG, simply add a new SNMP Library sensor and select the file. You should then get the information provided by the MIB.

Regards.

Created on Mar 31, 2021 11:45:37 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.