What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Send Email only on new device discovery

Votes:

I have auto discovery turned on and I would like to send an email to my ticketing system only when a new device is discovered. How ever from what I see now I can send emails when ever any new ticket is created or not at all, it there a way to filter by event type?

auto-discovery notification-email prtg ticket-system

Created on Nov 2, 2017 5:03:23 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello TechBeard,
thank you for your KB-Post.

The auto-discovery will become a lot less chatty (Email-wise) on PRTG version 17.x.36. This is already in the works and is just waiting final testing/release.

The intended behavior in that version is/will be:

• Create notification about Discovery when:
    • New Device is detected/added
    • New Sensor is detected/added
    • Auto-discovery error/failure

So you should no longer receive notifications about scheduled discoveries that didn't find anything.

Best regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 3, 2017 9:26:03 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.