What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Factory

Votes:

I have a Sensor Factory that delivers two values, 10000 (100%) or 0 (0%). This sensor factory analyzes the status of three other sensors through the status () function. The sensor was created on October 10, and from that date until today it shows correct values ​​in the graphics. The problem is that for dates prior to the date of creation of the sensor factory, in the graphics of the sensor factory I continue to observe a value of 100%. Ideally, before the sensor creation date, no value is displayed in the graphs. I need to solve this problem.

This is the code that I have in Define Sensor Channel:

#1:Disponibilidad

( status (3709) + status (4304) + status (4433) ) < 30000

In Channel Setting I selected the display mode in percentages, where the maximum value is 10000.

custom-channel factory-sensor graphs

Created on Nov 2, 2017 5:32:14 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Fernando,

I'm afraid that Sensor Factory Sensor will indeed calculate historic data for events before the sensor got created, this cannot be turned off. If you just want to calculate the status, I recommend to use the Business Process Sensor instead. It's more lightweight and will also not consider status before the sensor creation.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 3, 2017 12:05:58 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.