What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

alert

Votes:

hello, I want to make a alert while my bandwidth goes to a limit or lets say if it goes more than 50 Mbps than make a alert can I make that with my snmp sensor as it contain multiple oid and I want that option with multiple OID. If not possible with advance SNMP sensor than simple for a SNMP sesor with one OID.

alerts oid snmp-sensor

Created on Nov 7, 2017 8:14:56 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Kxitiz,

please clarify: In which sense do you want to alert based on multiple OIDs?

Created on Nov 7, 2017 2:44:03 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hello Arne, I want to make a alert while my Traffic IN bandwidth drops less than 1mbps that my bandwidth is consuming less traffic as well as when my traffic goes more than 5mbps I want to make an alert that I have consumed my full bandwidth.

Created on Nov 28, 2017 5:04:17 AM

Votes:

Dear Kxitiz,

this is possible with threshold notification triggers. These evaluate a single channel of the sensor. You can open the "Notifications" tab of a sensor and then add a threshold notification for Traffic In, and another one for Traffic Total (or Traffic Out")

Instead of setting this per sensor, it would be easier to setup and to maintain if you set a speed trigger on a device, group, or probe level.

Created on Nov 28, 2017 3:27:03 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.