What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetApp E-Series Santricity monitoring

Votes:

While there is NetApp support in PRTG, it is mainly focused on Data ONTAP style devices. We have a NetApp E-Series, and that is a Santricity device. Something completely different.

I noticed that Nagios has a plugin: https://exchange.nagios.org/components/com_mtree/attachment.php?link_id=6567&cf_id=30

It requires a NetApp SANtricity Web Services Proxy, but without PRTG support......

Anyone monitoring there NetApp E-Series Santricity devices with prtg?

Thomas Roes

netapp prtg santricity

Created on Nov 7, 2017 12:32:41 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the request rate for "SANtricity"-compatible sensors is very limited, therefore we have currently no plans to implement such a sensor.

Please visit our knowledgebase for more information about how we handle feature requests: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/33873#reply-217634 [pasessler.com]

Best regards.

Created on Nov 8, 2017 12:55:43 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Have E-Series NetApp's running SANtricity that I'd like to monitor with PRTG as well.

Created on Nov 14, 2018 12:12:21 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

The above statement hasn't changed since then and we also got no further requests. :(

Best regards.

Created on Nov 14, 2018 12:15:37 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We also have some NetApp e-series Santricity devices that would be great to be able to monitor in PRTG alongside the FAS devices

Created on Apr 9, 2019 12:43:20 PM

Votes:

Hello, and how did you do that?

Created on Jun 18, 2019 12:25:35 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

As far as I understood the reply, the user isn't able to monitor them. So I am pretty certain that he can't answer that question.

best regards.

Created on Jun 18, 2019 12:39:20 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We need this added as well

Created on Feb 25, 2023 4:16:41 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.