What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netapp / Volume Monitor / Storage Virtual Machines

Votes:

Hi there, we have a Netapp 8.3.2P5 that is configured with several Storage Virtual Machines. Each SVM has their own set of aggregates, volumes, and shares. When the Netapp Volume BETA sensor is added, the only volumes that show up to be monitored are the volumes on the very first storage virtual machine. All of the Netapp storage virtual machines are managed by connecting to the NetApp OnCommand System Manager which is how the sensor is set up to connect to.

Anybody experience this and figure a way how to make the sensor detect the volumes on the other NetApp Storage Virtual Machines?

Any feedback appreciated.

netapp soap volume

Created on Nov 10, 2017 8:49:59 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for the KB-Post. May I ask, which exact PRTG Version you are running?

Just to check, the parent device to those sensors is the server with the NetApp OnCommand System Manager Application installed?
Please also try to add the sensors against NetApp Cluster Interface. Do you get all volumes then?

best regards.

Created on Nov 13, 2017 12:04:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 13, 2017 12:58:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Update: The current version of PRTG that is running is: 17.3.33.2830.

I started out by connecting to the IP address of the system running NetApp OnCommand. After submitting the forum question, I talked to our NetApp admin and he suggested connecting directly to the IP address of the NetApp Storage Virtual Machine. When I did that, the PRTG Netapp Volume BETA sensor showed the volumes that I was looking to monitor, however, it only showed the first 20 volumes and there are at least 50 other volumes.

Do you know if a later version of PRTG has it so that this NetApp Volume BETA sensor shows more than the first 20 volumes?

Any feedback appreciated.

Created on Nov 14, 2017 1:01:52 PM

Votes:

We are aware of the bug, and plan to fix it with one of the next releases. Please bear with us. Should you require a private build for a fix here, please get in touch with us via email in regards of this KB-thread.

Created on Nov 15, 2017 8:11:33 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.