I want to have a report without page breaks. How can I do this?
This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 17.4.35 or later
Deleting Page Breaks in Reports
By default, report templates have page breaks. You can remove page breaks, for example, if you want to save space or see more than one sensor per page.
A template consists of several template files. When creating a report, the web engine pastes all these "includes" together into one HTML file to generate the report. In order to modify a report template, changes to the main file, to one of the include files, or both are necessary.
Note: Good knowledge of HTML is a minimum requirement to make any of the following modifications! Please note that modifications are unsupported.
Make a backup of every file you are going to change!
- Step 1: In the \webroot\reporttemplates subfolder of your PRTG installation, locate the main report template file of the report of which you want to change the number of sensors, for example, A60 Data Table - Table 1m.htm.
- Step 2: Once you've found the right template file, duplicate it and save it with a custom name. Tip: Choose a filename with a leading 0 (zero) and your template will appear at the top of the list later on (the entries in the dropdown list are sorted alphabetically based on the filenames).
- Step 3: Open the file with a text editor. You may need to open the editor as an administrator user to be write-enabled.
- Step 4: Choose a name for your report template and write it into the HTML comment in the first line of the source code (delete the old name first). The format is category: name. Category (with grey background) and name will appear in the template selection dropdown in the PRTG web interface later on. Save the HTM file.
- Step 5: Search for the line containing the string #report type="list", for example
<#report type="list" name="details\Table Only.htm" subname="details\Detail Loop.htm" tableaverage="60">This is the place where the sensors are included. Remember the HTM filename.
- Step 6: In this include call, change the filename of the HTM file that is called (for example, append _custom to the filename call). The changed line will look like this:
<#report type="list" name="details\Table Only_custom.htm" subname="details\Detail Loop.htm" tableaverage="60">
- Step 7: Go to the \webroot\reporttemplates\details subfolder of your PRTG installation.
- Step 8: Find the HTM file that is called in the source code of the main report template file (see Step 5).
- Step 9: Duplicate this HTM file and save it with the custom name you used in Step 6 (for example, append _custom to the filename). Make sure the resulting file name matches the one you used in Step 6.
- Step 10: Open the file with a text editor. You may need to open the editor as an administrator user to be write-enabled.
- Step 11: Search for line containing the string <class="onereport". For example, you will find the line:
- Step 12: In the source code, add style="page-break-after: auto !important;, for example
class="onereport report<@counter> style="page-break-after: auto !important;"This will remove page breaks from the report.
- Step 13: Save the HTM file.
- Step 14: In PRTG, create a report using the new template you created in Step 4 and check the modified layout.
- How do I modify PRTG's report templates?
- How can I change the header image in reports?
- How can I change the header and footer in reports?
- How can I adjust the order of report elements?
- How can I change the size of graphs in reports?
- How can I change the number of sensors in reports?
- Can I change the number of PDFs created by a report?
- How can I remove components from reports?
Created on Nov 15, 2017 9:10:23 AM by
Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]
Last change on Mar 23, 2018 12:40:54 PM by
Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]
Please log in or register to enter your reply.