What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to make a chain for monitor remote network

Votes:

Hello! I have just installed PRTG in my network. But I have question about chaining. Example below. I have server (called SERVER1) with PRTG server in my network. I have ipsec tunnel to another network and server in that network (called SERVER2). In this case, I can monitor SERVER2 from SERVER1. Its okay. But I have the third server (called SERVER3). And SERVER3 I can access only from SERVER2, but not from SERVER1. And the question is - can I monitor SERVER3 from SERVER1 through SERVER2? Because its impossible to grant direct access from SERVER1 to SERVER3. Thanks in advance!

monitoring prtg question

Created on Nov 15, 2017 9:20:06 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Sergey,

Installing a remote probe on server 2 is the way to go here, if you want to monitor it completely :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 15, 2017 12:03:13 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.