What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG and PALO ALTO Firewall

Votes:

Hello,

I would like to import PALO ALTO MIB to PRTG. Download file are here: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/misc/snmp-mibs.html (ENTERPRISE SNMP MIB 8.0).

Next, i use Paessler MIB Impoter to transform the MIB files to OIDLIB. I put my "PAN-MIB-MODULES-8.0.oidlib" in the folder "PRTG Network Monitor\snmplibs".

I create a new device (PA500 (it's my palo alto)) and add a new capteur with library snmp. I find and select my library "PAN-MIB-MODULES-8.0.oidlib". The library loading and i've an error: No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (erreur SNMP # -2003).

I don't understand this error.

I'm on PRTG Version 17.4.33.3283. I already have active sensors on this device with the default library. I have to delete them before relaunching an integration ?

Thank a lot. Piou.

library mib-importer palo-alto-networks snmp

Created on Nov 16, 2017 9:35:15 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Piou,

The error message shown "(SNMP error # -2003)" indicates a timeout and/or that PRTG is not able to receive the requested information via SNMP.

Please verify that SNMP is properly configured on the monitored device. From PRTG's perspective it is also necessary to configure the incoming SNMP communication correctly. To do so, please open the device's "Settings" tab and configure the required settings at "CREDENTIALS FOR SNMP DEVICES". Please see this page for further information.

Please check this article for further information and problem solving approaches regarding not working SNMP sensor:
My SNMP sensors don’t work. What can I do?.

The SNMP System Uptime sensor is usually a quiet good indicator if SNMP is setup correctly. What result do you receive when you add this sensor to the device?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Nov 17, 2017 8:12:48 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.