What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Wmi Service Sensor shows Pagefile usage - even though the pagefile is disabled

Votes:

Wmi Service Sensor shows Pagefile usage - even though the pagefile is disabled

I do not understand why the service sensor gives these numbers back for running processes. I have confirmed that the pagefile is disabled in windows and the file itself (pagefile.sys) does not exist on the machine.

So what exactly is this number representing?

Brgds Rasmus

pagefile-usage prtg wmi wmi-service

Created on Nov 16, 2017 12:50:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello rsd,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Please allow us to review the WMI results provided by the device that you want to monitor. For this we'll need you to download our latest WMI Tester, run it on the host of the PRTG Probe (Local Probe or the Remote Probe) that has the affected sensor.

Please configure the Domain, Computer name / IP address as well as user and password in the "Basic" tab of the monitored host accordingly. Afterwards, open the "Advanced" tab and select the "Custom" query option. Please use the following WMI query and provide me the result of the tester:
SELECT percentusage FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_PagingFile WHERE Name='_Total' Thank you very much in advance.

Sebastian

Created on Nov 17, 2017 12:59:29 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 17, 2017 1:00:30 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.