What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG is showing Wrong Data Tree version. Needed: 4 - Found: 5

Votes:

So I decided to do something I never do, install a Beta product. Immediately I started getting way too many e-mails, tried to clean up the notifications but it was just a bit too much. So I downloaded v 7.3.5.5802 and backed up the old directory, ran the installation and thought it would all be ok, wrong again, now its puking up the error in the header of this post. Everything that I have read points to a buggy db, I have uninstalled, deleted the old directory, reinstalled and still same error. If i manually restart the core server services, the service will run for a few secs but craps out with the same error (in event viewer). I have the old directory with all previous files, however I never setup a automated back up job.

10061 data-tree-version prtg service-not-starting

Created on Aug 11, 2010 7:56:04 PM

Last change on Aug 23, 2010 8:23:55 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

the problem is that the current configuration file PRTG Configuration.dat was already opened and edited by PRTG 8 (beta), thus the Data Tree has the version 5. PRTG 7.3.5 however needs a Data Tree Version 4, which is why you would need to get a backup of the configuration file from the folder "Configuration Auto-Backups" from PRTG Datafolder, from a time before you installed the beta of PRTG 8. Please exchange the configuration file and then restart PRTGs services.

Best Regards.

Created on Aug 16, 2010 10:48:30 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.