What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG updates Asia region

Votes:

We recently created a PoP in the Asia region (Singapore).
Of course we monitor everything there as well.
For this, I've set up another (separate) PRTG cluster.

We planned to upgrade our PRTG installations this week.
When going to Setup - Auto-Update - Status on our NL cluster, the newest version is 17.4.35.3326
However, on the Singapore cluster the newest version is still 17.4.33.3283

Where does this difference come from?
Because I prefer to have all PRTG environments on the same version.
I compared the Auto-Update settings, but they're the same on both clusters...

auto-update cluster settings

Created on Nov 23, 2017 12:51:30 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Corné,

last week we had the 17.4.35 online for a short time, but then rolled back and re-enabled the 17.4.33 as current stable version. We did this because we noticed some issues and were not sure if we can hotfix them right now. Instead, we decided to take more time. (Version 17.4.34 was skipped, all its features will be available with the 17.4.35.)

It is not yet clear when we can re-release the 17.4.35 version. It could be next week, but it could also take longer.

Created on Nov 23, 2017 6:22:28 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ah,

So I did the check for new updates on both my test- and my production environment just in the short time version 17.4.35 was online (although I checked the production environment one or two days after upgrading my test environment).

Anyway, I'm glad only one of my production clusters has this erroneous version 17.4.35, and not all of them... :-)

Created on Nov 24, 2017 11:20:53 AM

Votes:

Dear Corné,

we just re-released PRTG 17.4.35, now including all hotfixes.

Created on Nov 27, 2017 3:00:23 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.