What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG web console instable after update to 17.4.35.3326+

Votes:

Dear Sir, Madam,

Today I upgraded one of my PRTG clusters to version 17.4.35.3326+
However, after the upgrade, my monitoring screens frequently loose connection to the PRTG cluster (monitoring via HTTP page).

Is this a know issue with this version?
Maybe something to do with the new Web GUI?

prtg upgrade web-interface

Created on Nov 23, 2017 3:57:13 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Corné,

Could you please install the following build:
--removed--

Let me know if it did the trick!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 24, 2017 11:19:40 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 24, 2017 11:57:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Since an upgrade of PRTG is quite intrusive, given the way the PRTG cluster works, I can't just go forth and upgrade my production cluster.
My test environment is a stand-alone VM with way less sensors, so not really representative for load testing.
I mainly use it for testing sensors (have the application owners create and test their sensors on that environment, and when they're satisfied with the sensors, I create them on the production environment).

Since there's a new version scheduled for next week, I prefer to wait for that one to come out, and will install that new version on my production cluster.

Thanks anyway...

Created on Nov 24, 2017 11:27:35 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.