What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to solve Not Connected (PRTG Netwrok Monitor was Stopped)?

Votes:

hi out PRTG stop the service. I got this error

PRTG Network Monitor 17.1.30.1681 x64

The server was stopped

System Emergency. The system was halted, because of the following: The available diskspace is too low! Please attend to the problem and restart the core server service thereafter.

Then i check the console it is showing the status Not Connected (PRTG Netwrok Monitor was Stopped)

I don't know how to restart the service and free a diskspace.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

disk-free prtg-network-monitor storage

Created on Nov 24, 2017 6:47:13 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Darvin,

I would recommend to move PRTG's data to a different partition/drive as mentioned here.

In case you're not where PRTG's data path is located, please open PRTG Administration Tool on the PRTG Server, on tab "Logs and Info" is a button that will open the data path.

Most data is most likely inside PRTG's data path in folder "Monitoring Database". You find there data folders for each day, if you like you can also manually delete older folders from there. Generally PRTG deletes historical sensor data according to what's configured in Setup | System Administration | Core & Probes | Historic Data Purging.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 24, 2017 2:51:39 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Erchard,

Thank you for your response.

What I did is that, I free some space from our local drive. Last time I don't know where to stop/restart the service. Thanks for the link.

Now it is running again.

Regards,

Darvin

Created on Nov 27, 2017 1:35:52 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.