What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Prtg information on maps

Votes:

Hi guys,

I would like to include in a map some information about PRTG installation, like numbers of sensor used and the number of daily scans. Is there a way to do it?

Thank you

information maps prtg

Created on Nov 24, 2017 9:18:01 AM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey Vogs7,

There is a sensors from a third party developer which lists the number of sensors in a certain state. Please note that the sensor comes as is and that we cannot provide support for it. You could install this sensor to set limits if the total number of sensors with a different state gets exceeded. Here is a guide how to integrate this sensor:

• Extract the sensor into the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXEXML"
  • Open PRTG and add a new sensor to a device of your choice (it does not matter which device, but it needs to be on a device on the local probe). Search for "Exe" and click on the "EXE/Script Advanced" button
  • Choose the correct script "SensorCountXML.exe" and enter these parameters
-s=IPaddressPRTGCoreServer -u=prtgadmin -p=prtgadmin

Enter the IP address:port and the user credentials of one PRTG user

Getting status values like the daily scans is not possible via the API at the moment, I'm afraid.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 24, 2017 1:20:09 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

Today playing around with powershell I found an alternative solution.

$html=Invoke-WebRequest -Method Get -Uri 'https://prtgserver/welcome.htm?&username=user&passhash=hash'

($html.ParsedHtml.body.getElementsByClassName('scansum'))[0].innertext

et-voilà

what do you think? Let me know.

Created on Dec 20, 2017 3:46:04 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, most scripts won't work with the extensive HTML-Parsing of PowerShell as this needs a configured Internet Explorer, but the PRTG Server runs the sensors within the SYSTEM-Context where the IE is usually not configured. That's why "-UseBasicParsing" should be used in a PowerShell script, but that makes your snippet useless. :/

Best regards.

Created on Dec 20, 2017 8:53:31 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.