What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can i monitor Licenses on a device

Votes:

how can i monitor licenses (SQL, Veeam, Netapp, etc.) on a server? Is there a possibility to monitor things like that? Maybe something like when the license expires or what kind of license is needed or if there is a license at all for several programms?

license netapp sensor sql vmware-monitoring

Created on Nov 24, 2017 12:22:20 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Please check out How can I monitor licenses within my network :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 27, 2017 11:15:59 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This seems to be the PRTG-License, or not? I already saw this Topic, but I think this is not really that, what i want to monitor.

Thanks and regards, Mazlum

Created on Nov 28, 2017 2:32:07 PM

Votes:

Hi Mazlum,

Since you just need to enter the date of the license expiration, it can be used for any license. Simply enter the license date as parameter for the script and name the sensor accordingly. Et voila :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 28, 2017 4:31:02 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.