What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

F5 SNMP Library Sensor for ltm pool stat pva cur conns

Votes:

Hello- I have my F5 MIB files (F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB) and want to setup a SNMP library sensor to show current connections to pools.

I currently get error 'PE049' when attempting to add the sensor using the library (OIDLIB) i created from the MIB importer.

If i then use the Paessler SNMP tester to scan my OIDLIB, i receive the following example...

1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.2.3.1.15.22.47.67.111.109.109.111.111.47.87.80.95.83.105.111.103.108.95.80.111.111.108: F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB|ltm pool stat: /Common/POOL_NAME_ABC|ltm pool stat pva cur conns,Undefined,,(not defined),1

note, SNMP is working properly as i have successfully added other sensors using the same method, i.e. something simple like 'ltm virtual serv stat name'

• What am i missing? Why do all pools show Undefined in the SNMP tester?

What i am ultimately trying to setup is a sensor that would show a history of connections/current connections to specified virtual servers. I also tried the 'ltm virtual serv stat cs max conn dur' but get the same error/Undefined results.

Many thanks for any assistance here.

big-ip f5 mib-importer snmp-sensor

Created on Nov 29, 2017 5:49:44 PM

Last change on Nov 30, 2017 8:31:08 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there dgytech,
thank you for your KB-Post.

Would you mind contacting us by opening a support case in reference to PAE----36 so that we can investigate this further? Simply write an E-mail to [email protected] and include (Case PAE----36) in the subject of your message.

We'll need to perform a couple of "SNMP Walk" tests and the output of these tests can get quite lengthy and may contain sensitive information.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 30, 2017 8:35:36 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Dec 4, 2017 6:32:25 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply! I will open the case.

Created on Dec 1, 2017 7:42:45 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.