What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Setting Date Range in Stored Reports

Votes:

I want to run a report automatically everyday. I want the report date range to be the last thirty days.

For Example today is Nov 30th. I want the report period to be Nov 1st - Nov 30th. Tomorrow I want the report period to be Nov 2nd - Dec 1st.

I have tried all the combinations I can think of so I figure I am missing something. I would like this to run without manual intervention.

Can it be done?

Thanks

period prtg reports

Created on Dec 1, 2017 2:41:52 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear sbotes,

this cannot be configured. There is a monthly report option but the first day of the month has to be set. This option cannot change automatically to cover the last 30 days.

Created on Dec 1, 2017 12:27:06 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne,

I did see several requests similar on the knowledge base once I figured out how to search using the tags.

I also found the one that used what looked like a REST post to run the report. Where I am heading with this is to suggest that it would seem quite easy to modify the report settings. Perhaps a selection called Period from Today. Then your customer just adds the range of the period using the unit of days.

So, I would select Period from Today rather than just Period. And when prompted add the number of days, say 30. Then the start date of the period would be (today - the number of days I entered) and the ending would be the date of execution. You already have the system building start and end days but from a known period. It seems simple. But being a programmer I often put my foot in my mouth when I say boss it is simple... have it for you tomorrow.

For what it is worth this request is coming from the people that sign the checks and not from IT. The comment was, if something is important enough for them to monitor they don't want to be looking at something that is a month old.

Thanks for responding.

Created on Dec 1, 2017 5:40:26 PM

Votes:

Dear sbotes,

this is one of the cases where we have to look on the user base at large. We get a lot of good ideas for new options, which also would be easy to implement. If we would implement those, PRTG would be more flexible; however the configuration dialogues would be much longer.

Doing manual reporting data extraction through the API is a method which is available, you also could try to manually change the URL used for report creation.

As we design PRTG as standard software, we focus on the standard use case. This means that some other cases involve manual work because we want to keep the user interface as concise as possible. We hope that even though some tasks are more complex due to manual work, that PRTG overall helps in order to streamline the monitoring of the network.

Created on Dec 4, 2017 12:54:41 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 4, 2017 1:03:01 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.