What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Database location for current monitor states

Votes:

Hello Paessler, i am trying to build dashboards for our monitoring. I was wondering if you could tell me the file locations of your databases so i can bypass the api and pull this data direct.

Cheers Sam

dashboard database monitoring-database

Created on Dec 1, 2017 1:58:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Sam,

Monitoring data is stored in PRTG's data path, subfolder "Monitoring Database". Default data path is "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor" if not configured otherwise. However, it is not a sql database or something like that, it's a proprietary format, so going through the API is necessary or you can use the Data Extractor, though the Data Extractor is no longer under active development.

See also: How PRTG Network Monitor Stores its Data

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Dec 5, 2017 7:51:44 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.