What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding channels to SSH Disk Free Sensor

Votes:

I'm using the SSH Disk Sensor and I'm trying to add a filesystem to be monitored. So I have a device with one sensor to monitor the system's mount points. (/, /usr, /var, /tmp, etc...) and one sensor to monitor the application mount points. (/app01, /app02, /app03, etc...) I added a new application filesystem to be monitored but don't know how to get the sensor to see it. I'm not finding away to add another channel to the sensor. I can create a new sensor and select the new mount point but then I have 3 sensor. I can remove the sensor and re-create it with the new channel. But is there away to have the sensor rescan and add the new channel without creating/remove sensors manually?

diskfree prtg ssh

Created on Dec 6, 2017 3:09:38 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to add new channels to the already created sensors. There are currently also no plans to implement such a feature as this isn't working for all Disk Sensors. One reason is that the Meta-Scan can't be initiated again for a sensor after its creation.

Best regards.

Created on Dec 7, 2017 3:27:55 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.