What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

remote probe configuration

Votes:

Hello.

I have a little issue with a remote probe I have set up on my computer at a customer site. They have dsl, so on the computer I found what the IP address was, and confirmed I could ping my local probe's outside address.

Then I went and set up the remote probe, based on the documentation I found online and at Paessler's site. I can see my customer computer, however, I am not sure if I am actually seeing it or just the dsl.

To test, I turned the computer, and then went to my local Network Monitor, and looked at the ping. It is still pinging, which would lead me to believe that I am only talking to the DSL.

Is there a document that shows a step by step? I am wondering if the I have a wrong GID or Probe Access key.

If anyone can help, it would really be appreciated.

Regards

remote-probe remote-probe-install remoteprobe

Created on Dec 7, 2017 2:34:15 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

The external IP is the IP you will connect to. You need to open a port on the firewall that will allow traffic on TCP 23560 to connect to your remote probe machine on TCP 23560

Created on Dec 8, 2017 4:01:25 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.