What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Open ticket external control ticket

Votes:

Hello,

We will open a ticket in another external tciket tool (CA SDM).

How should this be done in the PRTG?

Will we have to execute trigger calling a call system API, passing the PRTG variables? Is there any documentation to support us?

When we close the ticket in the external ticket tool, we want the alarm to be closed too. That is, in the ticket tool I will need to pass an API call to close the alarm. It is possible?

Thank you.

prtg snmp wmi

Created on Dec 8, 2017 4:12:01 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Sandro, we appreciate your contact.

Creating a ticket in a 3rd party system (with HTTP API) when an notification is triggered is relatively simple. Please have a look here:

However, it's not possible to "close" an Alert. If the sensor's status changes to Warning or Down, it will only leave that state when the thresholds are modified or when the issue ceases. Otherwise, the sensor can either be paused for a specific period of time or in definitively or it can be "Acknowledged", which shows a slightly different red color and stops sending new alerts for the sensor.

But effectively, you cannot "close/stop" an alert in PRTG without locating the source of the issue and fixing it or modifying the thresholds for alerting to disable the alert. Here's a similar question/case:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 8, 2017 1:17:43 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello, Luciano Lingnau.

Finishing the configuration process for the integrated PRTG installation to open a ticket in the CA SDM tool, however I am getting an error: No response (code: PE002)

Would you help me.

Created on Jul 31, 2018 9:41:56 PM

Last change on Aug 1, 2018 6:48:20 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is the PRTG Server actually able to reach the URL given in the notification?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 1, 2018 10:57:04 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Stephan Linke, Yes, telnet and ping are happening successfully. Any other tips to help me?

Created on Aug 6, 2018 2:25:07 PM

Votes:

Sorry, that was perhaps ambiguously put - I was actually talking about the URL you're trying to use with PRTG. When opening it within a browser on the PRTG server, does the case in CASDM actually get closed?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 7, 2018 5:06:41 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.