What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Missing the refresh button in the new web UI

Votes:

How can I refresh the PRTG page in the new web UI without clicking the browser refresh button and causing a full page reload? In the old UI there used to be a little button in the top right hand corner that I would use a lot. Can't seem to find anything similar in the new UI.

Thanks - Simon

new-ui prtg refresh

Created on Dec 10, 2017 7:37:53 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,
We removed the refresh button, because it is not necessary any more. We refresh automatically whenever needed. And there is still a SCAN NOW button to trigger scans for certain sensors.

Best regards.

Created on Dec 11, 2017 2:08:18 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately my experience doesn't match what you're saying. The page doesn't refresh automatically when a sensor's status changes. But it does refresh when the 30 second refresh countdown timer at the bottom of the page expires.

That's when the old refresh button was useful --- when you wanted to see if a sensor's status had changed without waiting up to 30 seconds or forcing a full browser refresh.

Any chance of bringing it back?

Simon

Created on Dec 11, 2017 9:02:37 PM

Votes:

Hi Simon,

I will give you feedback about this request in the next couple of days. I forwarded the request to our development team. :)

Best regards.

Created on Dec 12, 2017 10:11:24 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz

Any update on this?

Thanks - Simon

Created on Feb 5, 2018 4:01:07 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the refresh button won't be included again as most parts are refreshed dynamically. With other words, the request for this button to be added in again was denied as not many users seem to have used this function.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 5, 2018 9:31:49 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz

If that's the case (that the refresh button won't be added back in), can you please tell me when we can expect to see sensor status refresh dynamically? That would be really cool.

Thanks - Simon

Created on Feb 6, 2018 7:55:54 PM

Votes:

Hi Simon,

This is already added. Please note that PRTG (the webinterface) has no persistent Connection to a Client (e.g. Websockets/NodeJS) to update the elements. So in order to get the new information PRTGs Webinterface checks it periodically in the background. However most of the time the browser caches the old view, which is why the elements might not be updated yet, due to the cache.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 7, 2018 8:40:05 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz

If dynamic refreshing isn't working as expected, isn't that justification for bringing back the refresh button? :)

Simon

Created on Feb 8, 2018 11:04:15 PM

Votes:

Hi Simon,

Due to the low usage we have decided to not bring it back. However I got a solution for you. Please contact us via mail to "[email protected]" with the following ticket-id in the title: PAE993663. Due to the changes that have to be made, I would rather avoid this to be posted publicly.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 15, 2018 10:11:46 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.