What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change sensor sype and channels + history

Votes:

Hi. So far I was using a Python Script Advanced Sensor to query certain details from our product providing a special API. Now we extended our API to also provide data via HTTP in PRTG API conform format. I have now hundreds of existing python sensors with channels and a data history. To phase out the old approach I'd like to convert all those sensors to the new sensor type. Unfortunately I could not find any option to change the type of a sensor.

Is the conversion of a sensor to another type a supported workflow within PRTG? I could not find any option to change the sensor type. A manual option via UI would be nice but even better would an API that allows changing sensors. This way I can automate the migration and take over previous command line arguments into the URL.

Kind Regards Daniel

http-data-advanced python-script-advanced-sensor sensor-type

Created on Dec 11, 2017 12:03:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Sorry, but we do not support the functionality to change a sensor to another type.

In your case, you would need to pause the old Python script sensors. This would preserve their data, while removing them from your sensor count.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Created on Dec 12, 2017 1:17:34 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.