What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

some sensor not working in same device

Votes:

hi all,

i install PRTG on a VM to monitor other VM's in same class IP. but, there is problem when i try add sensor, there are error appear "No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003 " for some sensor.

it this because my VM not suitable for this sensor? because some sensor i add are working well.

i try add sensor; SNMP CPU load (not working) Disk Free (not working) SNMP Memory (not working) HTTP (working) HTTPS (working) DNS (working) PING (working)

notworking prtg sensor

Created on Dec 13, 2017 4:39:13 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello kudeing,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base post.

The error message shown "(SNMP error # -2003)" indicates a timeout and/or that PRTG is not able to receive the requested information via SNMP.

Please verify that SNMP is properly configured on the monitored device. From PRTG's perspective it is also necessary to configure the incoming SNMP communication correctly. To do so, please open the device's "Settings" tab that has the affected sensors and configure the required settings under "CREDENTIALS FOR SNMP DEVICES".

Please check this article for further information and problem solving approaches regarding not working SNMP sensor.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 13, 2017 8:38:45 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

i already do what you suggest. add features and enable SNMP for each VM (done), Setting SNMP credential (done) but still appear same error. FYI, i using Nutanix and create VM's using prism account.

Created on Dec 15, 2017 7:51:10 AM

Votes:

Hello kudeing,

Please deploy a SNMP system uptime sensor to the device. Does this sensor become green after a while and does it show valid values?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 15, 2017 9:30:03 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.