What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Allow connections to PRTG webserver which force the use of TLS 1.2

Votes:

We are running PRTG 17.3.32.2478 and we are using the API to access the sensor date from one of our web servers to provide a filtered view for each customer's systems on our website. The web server wants to connect using TLS 1.2 by default, but PRTG doesn't allow that. We had to force TLS 1.0 on our web server in order to get a successful connection. I found this article (https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61769-what-are-the-ssl-changes-in-v-14-4-12-and-how-does-that-affect-me) but the behavior described in the article does not fit with the real world. Am I missing something?

prtg tls webserver

Created on Dec 13, 2017 5:32:32 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Unfortunately, I am currently not fully understand your request. What do you monitor precisely and how to intend to realize this?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 15, 2017 10:27:27 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.