What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The UI text readability has decreased since 17.4. Is there a way to change the font?

Votes:

I do realize the new UI is work-in-progress, but here are some issues I feel you need to address quickly.

After the new web interface was introduced in 17.4, the readability of text (in general) has decreased severely. Is there any way to override the font? I found a few similar questions, but none provide a solution.

This really needs to be addressed by your developers. If you don't allow for customization by editing installation files, you need to add an option in the configuration to change the font. The font you are using is not suitable for the size or layout you have implemented. Plus, it also breaks a lot of the layout, with line breaks in places where the text very obviously should fit with ease. You need to use a more condensed font to increase readability as well.

An example is the "Date Time" column which now looks like:

12/17/2017 11:44:00 −
11:45:00

You are also using light gray text on white background. There is black text on dark blue background. And you have white text on gray background. There is not enough contrast for readability. Often with very small font size, making it even more unreadable. Take into consideration that your user have different monitor sizes, and resolutions, font smoothing, cleartype/subpixel rendering.

font readability web-interface

Created on Dec 17, 2017 10:52:18 AM

Last change on Dec 18, 2017 1:54:45 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Ivan,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I will contact you directly via email because I need some screenshots that allow me to better understand the described behavior.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 18, 2017 1:56:07 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.