What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

EXE/Script Advanced caching?

Votes:

Hello, I have EXE/Script sensor with powershell script. This script is using ODBC to check values in my Firebird database. Some days ago I had to change password database and sensor stop working. So I changed password in my ODBC source but sensor is still not working. It looks like it have cached old version of script. I tried script in Powershell IDE and I tried to add new sensor with same script, both working fine. Can you please give me hint, why "old" sensor is not working?

Thank you for any advice

custom-script-exe odbc powershell

Created on Dec 18, 2017 9:28:24 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Sk1X1,

PRTG does not cache scripts. In case you use remote probes, please update the script on the remote probes as well. Does it not work as expected?

Created on Dec 18, 2017 2:10:27 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Scripts are on my core probe. At the end I tried to change Security context to "Use security context of probe service" and it looks it helped. I'm not sure why, because I don't anything else (excepts the database password change) changed on the server.

Created on Dec 20, 2017 9:46:32 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.