What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor 3rd youngest File

Votes:

Hello,

I need to monitor a Folder in a Server. A Security Cam writes files into the Server every 5 Minutes. It also Updates an log File.

Know we recognize that the Cam did not write the Video Chunks but updates the log File. So our Folder Sensor is no help, because it monitors the youngest and the oldest time. Bit I need to monitor the second youngest or better 3rd youngest File.

Do I need to create a custom Sonsor an can I change the included Folder Sensor?

MfG Thomas

file folder youngest

Created on Dec 20, 2017 2:18:01 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Alith,

Thank you very much for your contact.

I do understand your request, but unfortunately PRTG's Folder sensor is not able to monitor this specific metric, I'm afraid. The assumption in regards to a custom script based solution is probably the best possible approach.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 21, 2017 8:29:15 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.