What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Update Sensor Name when Cisco Interface Description Changes

Votes:

Hi everyone :-)

I have a little problem. We have many Cisco Switchs and i would get the interface descriptions up to date.

On our Catalyst C3560, this works perfect. But we have also some Catalyst C2960 switches. But on theese switches, it doesn't work.

I found this entry: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/73449-update-sensor-name-when-interface-description-changes But it works only with die C3560.

Are there any way for the 2960 switches?

Best regards

Chris

cisco cisco-2960 cisco-3560 interface-description sensor-name snmp

Created on Dec 29, 2017 6:58:34 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Chris,

Have you checked the "SNMP Compatibility Settings" of the Group/Devices? If so, what settings are you using there at the moment?

Best regards.

Created on Dec 29, 2017 10:06:57 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz...

I found my problem.

I have a static group "Switch" and inside "Autodiscovery Groups" (Room1, Room2, ...)

I make the "SNMP Compatibility Settings" changes on my static group. But i forgot to checked these settings the autodiscovery groups.

Everything works fine.

But i don't find a possibility to close my post. Or post an update.

Chris

Created on Dec 29, 2017 10:14:55 AM

Votes:

Hi Chris,

Good to hear, I wish you a happy new year. :)

Best regards.

Created on Dec 29, 2017 10:17:50 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.