What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Bgp peer sensors for Arista switches with Vrfs

Votes:

I have two Arista switches with bgp peers in Vrfs. When i try to add bgp peer sensor in prtg, it says no interface found. I believe we need to do something for bgp peer sensors if peers are in Vrf. Can someone help what i need to do to enable those bgp peer sensors for within Vrf?

I tried snmp test and it says no OIDs found.

bgp prtg vrf

Created on Dec 30, 2017 6:46:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there and thank you for your KB-Post.

When exactly do you get the "no interface found" error/message? What sensor are you attempting to add?

Did you have a look at this post/script?

If your device implements the bgpPeerTable from the RFC1269-MIB or BGP4-MIB, the sensor should work. An SNMP Custom Table sensor on the 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3 OID should also work.

To confirm whenever this data is available, you can perform a walk test from the SNMP Tester on the 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3 OID.

I'm not sure whenever the VRF will play a role. You may need to use the correct SNMP Credentials (Community for SNMP V1 and V2c or "Context" for SNMP V3) to poll a specific instance/VRF. If unsure please check with the device's vendor.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jan 2, 2018 8:16:00 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.