What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Webstyling Guide via API page is missing

Votes:

Just wondering is anyone else experiencing this issue.

Every time I click on the "Webstyling" link it just redirects to "api.htm?tabid=1" instead of "api.htm?tabid=10"

I can't seem to find a whole lot of good guides on how to change the view of certain items in pages to make it more readable.

custom-css custom-html web-gui

Created on Jan 1, 2018 6:34:51 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Where exactly did you find this link? Which version of PRTG are you using?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 1, 2018 9:29:08 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am using the latest version of PRTG, however below is the link to the page that has the broken link to the web styling.

https://prtg.paessler.com/api.htm?tabid=1

Created on Jan 1, 2018 9:34:39 AM

Votes:

Hello Rundl,

Indeed, I'll open an internal case to fix this link, thanks for your report! In the meantime, please see if this article helps you.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 2, 2018 5:35:16 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That link you provided is woeful, its spammed across a dozen threads killing off any queries about website styling.

I can't stress enough, that PRTG's real appeal beyond the near drag and drop sensors is the ability to customise the view of the data.

As an example the default syslog message viewer is so badly styled its unusable, and that ain't the half of it. Right across every Overview and any Map Object I want to style for multiple purposes, including styling for larger displays.

So please I am hoping from what I have read that the new version of PRTG doesn't close off the access to the majority of the css.

Furthermore if there was a CSS tag guide that would be a massive time saver.

Created on Jan 2, 2018 5:47:06 AM

Votes:

Rundl,

It's still possible to change the CSS according to your needs, simply add the CSS code to this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\css\styles_custom_v2.css

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 2, 2018 7:11:36 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.