What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to enable cluster mode

Votes:

I recently upgraded all my servers to 2016, and reinstalled PRTG after downloading the latest version. I am unable to build a cluster, the option is greyed out and it tells me to go to Administrative Tools to enable. I cannot find any option for that, and all the documentation I can find is for older versions of PRTG. Has anyone else run into this issue? As an aside, I am not sure if it means anything, but I notice that the version numbers are different for the two installs. One has a plus behind it, and as I understand it, that means 64 bit. The other one does not, despite both systems being 64 bit Server 2016, and running from the same installer file. Any insight would be appreciated, thank you.

cluster cluster-setup new-machine

Created on Jan 1, 2018 5:27:24 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Michael,

The PRTG Administrator Tool is a program which gets installed on every PRTG Core Server installation, you can find it in the start menu on the PRTG host. This will allow you to enable the cluster feature.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 2, 2018 5:44:24 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was able to create a cluster using this feature, but the installations are complaining that they are in 32 bit/64 bit mixed mode. I do not know how this happened, both systems are freshly built using Windows 2016 on 64 bit hardware, and they were both installed from the same executable. Do you have any insight on that condition? Thanks.

Created on Jan 5, 2018 12:55:04 AM

Votes:

Hello Michael,

PRTG will automatically be installed in x64 mode if the host has got at least 6 GB of memory during the installation. You can increase the memory and run the installer again.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 5, 2018 12:24:05 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.