What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I change scanning interval for all DEPLOYED sensors of a specific sensor type?

Votes:

Hi Paessler,

I have tons of sensors and to reduce WMI load on the PRTG Probe, I need to adjust the scanning interval of certain sensors. For instance, I don't need to check free disk space every 60 seconds.

So, my question is:

How do I change the scanning interval of all deployed WMI Disk Free sensors to e.g. 5 mins?

Thanks,

Bjorn

probe scanning-interval wmi-sensors

Created on Jan 2, 2018 8:50:44 AM

Last change on Jan 2, 2018 8:59:24 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,
thank you for your KB-Post.

Usually, the quickest way to change a setting from all sensors of a type is using the "Sensors > By Type > (Select Type)" menu.

You can then select all sensors on a page from the select all check-box on the top right side and then using the wrench icon change the settings from all sensors at once.

This process is called multi-edit, please see the manual page for more details:

You can also use some additional filters to locate all WMI/Windows-based sensors that are running in a 60s interval:

http(s)://<YOURPRTG>/sensors.htm?columns=objid,probe,device,name,type,interval,checkbox&filter_type=@sub(WMI)&filter_type=@sub(Windows)&filter_interval=0000000060

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jan 2, 2018 9:04:07 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Perfect! That worked like a charm.

Now my probe is much healthier

Thank you

Bjorn Dirchsen

Created on Jan 2, 2018 11:04:08 AM

Votes:

Hi there, could you by any chance give me a bit more info on constructing the sensor views?

I need to list all sensor types by interval however removing the WMI and Windows selectors seems to return nothing on this.

kindest Samuekl

Created on Nov 9, 2018 10:52:24 AM

Votes:

Hello Samuekl,
thank you for your reply.

To list all sensors with a scanning interval of 60 seconds, you can use the following query:

http(s)://<YOURPRTG>/sensors.htm?columns=objid,probe,device,name,type,interval,checkbox&filter_interval=0000000060

If you want to list all sensors(with no filters) you can use:

http(s)://<YOURPRTG>/sensors.htm?columns=objid,probe,device,name,type,interval,checkbox

Note: The query will only return up to 500 sensors by default. This can be increased by appending &count=99999 to the query.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 9, 2018 1:25:21 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.