What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Availability Report for multiple devices

Votes:

Hi everyone,

I try to set up a report for Ping availability of different devices. My problem is, that I need not only the TOP 100 devices/sensors but all matching a specific tag. The tagging and filtering is no problem but i have no idea how to get a availability report of 300 devices over half a year time period.

In my case my boss needs a report of all servers (seperated by virtuel and physical) availability (ping is enough) every half year. Every server has a tag so I can filter that, but in reports there is only a TOP 100 template.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Jens

availability ping reports

Created on Jan 5, 2018 7:42:54 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Use a library and include all of the devices with that TAG, then build the report from the library.

Created on Mar 2, 2018 7:08:59 PM

Votes:

Thanks for your tip with adding a library, but could you give me a short guide how to build a report from that library and how to do a availability report with more then 100 devices. I have no idea how to do that.

Created on Mar 5, 2018 8:18:55 AM

Votes:

Hi Jens,

After assigning the tags to the objects, you can open the settings of your report and choose Add Sensors by Tags.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Mar 5, 2018 1:42:39 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, thank you for your help but I think you misunderstood something. I need an availabilty report that is capable of showing more then 100 devices / sensors. So which report should I open?

Created on Mar 5, 2018 1:47:04 PM

Votes:

Hello Jens,

I guess you refer to the template Top 100 Uptime/Downtime (based on uptime percent)?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Mar 6, 2018 12:50:51 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 8, 2018 11:46:48 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, ok, so as I thought. Which other template could I use to get an availabilty report? Or what else can I do, to reach my goal of getting a percentage of uptime/downtime of more then 100 devices? This feature is age-old in nagios.

Created on Mar 6, 2018 1:13:15 PM

Votes:

Hello Jens,

Please excuse me, actually it is possible to create a report for more than 100 devices. For the Top 100 Uptime Percent report, the

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\reporttemplates\details\Stats Loop 100 Up Pct.htm

needs to be adjusted. Change the two count="100" values to create a report with more devices. I do not recommend to change this file directly, but to create a new report, this is described here.

I also edited my answer above so that other customers reading this article do not get confused. If you encounter any issues while creating the new template, please let me know.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Mar 8, 2018 11:46:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for this tip. Now it works great. Only improvement that i wish to find in the feature is, that I get an overall percentage of downtime within the report. But my question is answered so thanks again.

Created on Mar 8, 2018 2:57:56 PM

Votes:

This is now possible with some of the SLA plugins that exist from partners that Paessler works with. The page with our partners can be found here and if you have any specific questions on which plugins to use or how to get an overall downtime percentage in a report or on a dashboard, feel free to contact presales or support

Created on Nov 4, 2022 3:00:03 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.