What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dark theme Maps

Votes:

I like the new dark theme and would like to apply that to my bandwidth map I use. I can easily change the background to black but the sensors I am using which are SNMP Traffic sensors for an interface on my router are still a white background. Can that be changed so I can embrace the darkness?

dark maps snmp

Created on Jan 5, 2018 2:49:47 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hi Jon,

Could you forward/post a screenshot of the map how it currently looks like? Do you mean that the sensors are white in the normal Map View or in the Public Map?

Best regards.

Created on Jan 8, 2018 2:03:30 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's a public map...

Here is a screenshot. https://ibb.co/gcUrz6

Created on Jan 8, 2018 2:54:18 PM

Votes:

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the graphs look as they are orientate at the default "White-Theme" of PRTG. Additionally, the Theme Selection doesn't apply to the Public Maps, only the normal "View Maps".

Best regards.

Created on Jan 9, 2018 8:25:06 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Its so sad that this is still not possible. I really love the dark theme of prtg and would love to be able to use it in the maps.

Why is this so difficult to implement?

Created on Jun 22, 2018 10:34:57 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

I don't want to go into detail here, but the implementation includes a lot of testing to make sure that all map objects look okay.

We plan to release this option (Dark Theme in Maps) with stable version 18.x.43 in about 2 Months.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 22, 2018 10:58:54 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

Is the option “Dark Theme in Maps” already available? I cannot find this setting in the version 18.3.44.2059.

Best regards

Created on Oct 3, 2018 9:35:16 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

We followed a different approach. The theme used by a map now depends on the user that is selected under the "Security Context" within the Map Settings. Also you need to set the background color to a darker color manually in the map settings.
https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/maps_settings

Best regards.

Created on Oct 3, 2018 9:42:59 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

Thanks for the hint. Works fine. Best regard

Created on Oct 10, 2018 8:41:53 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.