What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

StatisticalPingXML.exe stopped working

Votes:

I installed StatisticalPingXML.exe, and set it up to ping two ip addresses. It has been working fine for a couple months but this morning it went down. I can ping both addresses from the server so i know ping is working, just seems to be a problem with the script. I opened a cmd prompt and manually ran the script with -h=<ip1><ip2> and it hangs. I'm unable to ^C to stop the script. Yet when I run it from my laptop it works as expected. I checked the file size and timestamp and it hasn't been modified. What could cause the script to stop working and hang like that?

ping prtg xmlexesensor

Created on Jan 8, 2018 1:46:51 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Are you able to run the sensor from the Desktop of the Core Server? If this also doesn't work, please contact the developer of this Custom Sensor as this is not developed by Paessler. The Custom Script comes from a trusted 3rd Party Developer, PRTG Tools Family. You can find the contact of him under:

http://prtgtoolsfamily.com/us/contact

Best regards.

Created on Jan 9, 2018 9:01:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.