What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ProLiant Gen10 Support

Votes:

Hi,

According to HP, the WBEM Insight Management Agent is available since Gen10. So the HP ProLiant Sensor isn't seeing the MIB's. Is there any update on that from Paessler?

Thank u

gen10 insight proliant prtg wbem

Created on Jan 9, 2018 2:42:50 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Found a resolution from another thread. He is quote from that thread.

1. Ensure the HP Agentless Management Service is installed and Enabled (If you install the OS using HP Provisioning, this is installed automatically): This service is what handles Passing OS info over to ILO which took over managing the Hardware info out of band.
  2. Make sure you enable the SMA Service in the OS (System Management Assistant Service): This service is disabled by default. Change it to Automatic Startup, and Start the Service. Your SNMP Polling for Hardware health should start working.
  3. After installing AMS (version 1.3 at this point), enabling SMA and configuring Windows SNMP Service, I got the SNMP HP ProLiant System Health -sensor working with HPE Gen10 ProLiant server.

Created on Jul 27, 2018 8:03:22 AM

Last change on Jul 27, 2018 8:18:54 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Could you elaborate? WBEM Insight Management Agent availability, server version sensor and MIB arent really connected, i.e. I'm having trouble understanding your post :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 10, 2018 12:58:22 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I'm getting an error when trying to edit my post.

My bad, I meant 'is not available' the Insight Management Agent and also the WBEM IMA is not available since Gen10. So how to monitor the Gen10 with PRTG....

Hope to hear from u.

Created on Jan 15, 2018 7:51:02 AM

Votes:

Seemingly the issue is known and we created a bug ticket that addresses it. Please stay tuned, I'll post new intel as soon as I have it.

Kind regards

Created on Jan 15, 2018 8:30:43 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

something to note: when adding the proliant sensor to the IP address of the iLO5 system, it works. However there any many scenarios where the iLO IP address is not reachable by a probe (seperated vlan), so monitoring within windows is preferrable.

Created on Feb 23, 2018 1:29:48 PM

Votes:

Seemingly, the suite we're recommending to install is deprecated and using the ILO is actually the way to go here... We'll update the documentation accordingly in the near future so other customers don't trip over it as well.

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 28, 2018 10:52:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Found a resolution from another thread. He is quote from that thread.

1. Ensure the HP Agentless Management Service is installed and Enabled (If you install the OS using HP Provisioning, this is installed automatically): This service is what handles Passing OS info over to ILO which took over managing the Hardware info out of band.
  2. Make sure you enable the SMA Service in the OS (System Management Assistant Service): This service is disabled by default. Change it to Automatic Startup, and Start the Service. Your SNMP Polling for Hardware health should start working.
  3. After installing AMS (version 1.3 at this point), enabling SMA and configuring Windows SNMP Service, I got the SNMP HP ProLiant System Health -sensor working with HPE Gen10 ProLiant server.

Created on Jul 27, 2018 8:03:22 AM

Last change on Jul 27, 2018 8:18:54 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.